Friday, 29 August 2008

咖啡香 Frangrance of the Grounded Coffee

It's quite a challenge to find proper coffee in Beijing. I'm not the fussy person when it comes to coffee, as long as it is not like drain water. I'm happy with my Owl-brand coffee bag. I miss Mummy's homemade coffee at breakfast!

In Beijing, there's only all the instant coffee, mostly 3-in-1 types, and they all tasted horrible. (For your info, Milo here taste funny too! Maggie - I wonder how you survive China for 6 years with this Milo!)

I went to the wet market today and saw some Lavazza grounded coffee for the coffee machine. I cant resist it, I bought it. Chen Yi, who went to the market with me (her first trip to wet market in Beijing) brought me to the flower market to buy coffee plunger! Got some flowers too! :)


I came home and quickly brewed a cup of coffee... hmmm.... the fragrance of the coffee... so nice! I savoured every drop of it... nice... hmm....



5 comments:

pinkhippo said...

u finally set up a blog!!! Good for u. looking forward to reading your beijing experiences.

Cheers
grace

Xue Qi said...

you want coffee or milo shipped to you?

Yellowgiraffe said...

heya what a great name of blog in chinese!

hmm.... i did manage to get semi-decent 3-in-1 coffee when i was in shanghai... can't remember brand though.

shan said...

Write more!!! I miss Chen Yi already...

Adrian Yap said...

Hey Siok Kia!
Wow, u are now in Beijing? is it for work?

It has been ages since I last went to beijing after around the world clipper race...

3 years has flew past.....sigh....
scary....